Eat Balanced pizzas gain global coverage
We launched our adult version of our nutritionally balanced pizzas to the world back in July 2012. As a result of being on the BBC News, our pizzas were talked about around the world – on TV, on video, online, on radio and in the newspapers. The story really captured the attention of the public on a global scale and below is a summary of some of the coverage.
Eat Balanced Media highlights:
- BBC Scotland News TV coverage
- #2 most shared page on the whole BBC News website that day
- #3 most read page on the whole BBC News website that day
- Most popular story in the Scotland section of BBC website
- Our Professor is interviewed by John Humphreys on BBC Radio 4 Today Programme
- Mentioned on BBC Radio 2 – Steve Wright show (“Factoids”)
- “Trending” on TwitterUK and on Facebook
- Interviewed by online radio station
- Newspaper features in Daily Mail (national), Guardian, Metro, Daily Record, Scotsman and The Courier
- International coverage online including Huffington Post, Yahoo.com, New York Daily News, Times of India, Die Welt (Germany), Asian Correspondent, Canada TV News, Top News Arab Emirates and many more
- Datamonitor (global market research company) writes a global report about us being a “Success” case study
- Shortlisted as “one of the best 80 small businesses in the UK” ( The Pitch 12)
- Identified as “one of the most exciting, creative and disruptive new businesses in the UK (Startups100)
The last two years has been a real roller coaster ride for us, and although this was definitely a high it was followed by many tough times for our start-up.
Ultimately we learnt that people care more about their kids health than their own and that’s why we decided to launch Pizza Power Kids.
The future is bright and we’re delighted to have the opportunity to make a real difference to the health of our country’s future generation by launching the pizzas into education, leisure and family pub chains.
*The amazing world map image is courtesy of Fine Art America